Artistic models of the epic topos of Petersburg in the tale "The Musician" by T. Shevchenko
In the article the peculiarities of reproduction of Petersburg’s topos are analyzed on the example of the novel "The Musician" by T. Shevchenko. Definition of the concept "topos of the city" is determined, narrative features of creating the prose topos of Petersburg are considered. The specificity of the image of the epic topos of the city through the urban textures is revealed. The locus of the hospital, the garden, the Bolshoi Theater, the room,the institution, the hotel, and the Kazan Cathedral are isolated and interpreted, forming the geopoetic matrix of the city’s topos through the sensual intentions of the hero-musician. It is
investigated that the author constructs the artistic topos of Petersburg in two spatial models: firstly, as a topos of hopelessness, disbelief, illness and loss of life prospects; and secondly, as a city of a progressive center of culture and art of the empire that promotes the development of the talented youth. The model of the socio-domestic topos is marked by negative intentions, as the city serves as the eater of the fate of a talented person, a topos damaged by the progressive destruction of the search for the truth and the realization of the human possibilities. The model of the geopoetic topos in prose is realized through the reception of the musician surrounding the attributes of the city as a unique center of life in the urban environment and the realization of his requests and needs. The topos of Petersburg is a simulated fragment of the life of the musician’s fate that closely correlates with the author’s intentions. The reproduction of the city’s locus is reduced to a physiological sketch where the certification of the depicted urbanistic reality through the modus of the implicit epistolary recipient serves as a key element.
2. Bibik V. B. (2010). Lokus kimnaty iak skladova hronotopnoii struktury romanu V. Pidmogilnogo "Misto" [The locus of Kimnati is a warehouse warehouse
chronotopo structure of the novel by V. Pidmogilnogo] Aktualni problemy slovianskoii filologii. Seriia: Lingvistyka і literaturoznavstvo – Actual problems and words’ans of philology. Seriya "Lingvіstika і litіtertournozavstvo". Vol. XXIII. ch. 2. 478–486. [in Ukraine].
3. Boron O. (2015). Poet і iogo proza: geneza, semantika і retseptsia Shevchenkovoii tvorchosti [He sings in his prose: genesis, semantics and recipes of Shevchenko's creativity]. Kyiv. [in Ukraine].
4. Getman S. V. (2003). Prosvitnetskyi ideal liudyny ta iogo obrazna interpretatsia u povistiah T. Shevchenka [Prosvіnnitsky ideal lyudinit yo yogo figurative іnterpretatsіya povistyah T. Shevchenko] Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv. [in Ukraine].
5. Kerlot H. E. (1994). Slovar simvolov. Moscow, "REFL-book", [in Russian].
6. Tabachkovskyi V. G. ta in. (2004). Ludyna v esentsiynyh ta ekzystentsiynyh vymirah [People in actual and executing wimry]. Kyiv. [in Ukraine].
7. Shevchenko T. G. (2003). Povne zibrannia tvoriv [Shevchenko T. G. Povne zіbrannya tvoriv]. (Vols. 1–6, Vol. 3 ) Kyiv. [in Ukraine].
8. Chheilo A.A. (2012). Potentsial vyzhyvannia liudyny v umovah pesymistychnyh perspektyv [Potential vision of people in the minds of long-term prospects]. Grani – Facets (1), 58–61. [in Ukraine].
9. Iaroshevych І. (2014). Kontseptsia tvorchoii osobystosti v povistiah T. Shevchenka [Concepts of creative work in T. Shevchenko povistyah]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhgorodskogo universytetu – Naukovy Bulletin of Uzhgorod University. Seriya "Philology. Socialist Communities". Seriia: Filologia. Sotsialni komunikatsii. Vypusk 1. S. 294–29. [in Ukraine].
10. Entsyklopediia symvolov, znakov, emblem [Encyclopedia of symbols, signs, emblems]. (2007). Moscow. [in Russian].
Abstract views: 21
Copyright (c) 2019 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.