Dominants of Panteleimon Kulish’s artistic idolect
The article is devoted to the characterization of the language picture of the Panteleimon Kulish world through the prism of lexical and phraseological dominants as significant components of the author’s hierarchy of artistic idolect, represented by the conceptosphere, its objectifiers, lexical and phraseological verbalizers. It was found that P. Kulish’s artistic language has successfully combined folk-speaking sources of the Ukrainian language with elements of the Old Ukrainian linguistic tradition, representing high number of other dominant positions of the author, which serve as the core of his poetic and fiction
texts. The functions of the linguistic dominant are performed by units of lexical-semantic and phraseological levels. They objectify the richness of the lexical-semantic and phrasal composition of the language of P. Kulish’s works in general. The author’s texts reflect the deep and expressive Ukrainian-centrism through the prism of time-space constituents of the megaconcept Ukraine. The distinctive dominant features of P. Kulish’s artistic idiolect are the verbalized folk motifs explicating spoken sources, the folk components of the system of expressive and imaginative means. The emotional and evaluative dominance of the artistic idiolect as a reflection of the intensities of the linguistic personality is deduced. It is established that the principle of "living ethnography" oriented the author to the reproduction of deep folk traditions in prose and poetic texts, which combined emotional-evaluation lexemes with deminitive-meliorative and augmentative-pejorative suffixes and nationally labeled paraphrases. The distinguished dominants of the writer’s artistic idolect reflect the synthesis of the author’s worldview, the individual system of approaches to different verbal means and methods, their choice. The idiosyncrasy of the writer is observed in the reproduction of the living linguistic element of the masses, in the objectification of the national identity of peasant life, folk customs and rituals; in the close relationship of personal speach and epoch.
2. Dolzhikova, T. I. (2003) Movna osobystist Panteleimona Kulisha [The linguistic personality of Panteleimon Kulish] / author. diss. … Cand. of philol. Sciences: 10.02.01. Lugansk National Pedagogical University.
Lugansk. 20 p. [in Ukrainian].
3. Yermolenko, S. (2010) Panteleimon Kulish v istorii ukrainskoi literaturnoi movy [Panteleimon Kulish in the history of Ukrainian literary language] Kultura slova – Word culture. Do 190-richchia Panteleimona
Kulisha. C (72). Kyiv. pp. 6–15. [in Ukrainian].
4. Yermolenko, S. (1999). Narysy z ukrainskoi slovesnosti: stylistyka ta kultura movy [Essays on Ukrainian Literature]. Kyiv: Dovira. [in Ukrainian].
5. Kulish, P. (1994) Tvory v dwoh tomakh [Works in 2 parts]. Kyiv: Naukova dumka. [in Ukrainian].
6. Kultura slova: Do 190-richchia Panteleimona Kulisha [Culture of the Word: to the 190th Anniversary of Panteleimon Kulish] / uporiadn. S. Yermolenko (2010). Vol. 72; 6–36 Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
7. Samoilenko, G. V. (2001) (Ed.) Spadshchyna P. Kulisha v suchasnykh doslidzhenniakh [Polesie Literature and Culture: P. Kulish's Legacy in Contemporary Studies] Literatura ta kultura Polissia – Literature and Culture of Polissya. Vol. 15. Nizhyn: NDPU [in Ukrainian].
8. Samoilenko, G. V. (2010) (Ed.) Spadshchyna P. Kulisha i yii rol u rozvytku ukrainskoi movy, literatury ta kultury [Polesie Literature and Culture: P. Kulish's Legacy in Contemporary Studies] Literatura ta kultura Polissia – Literature and Culture of Polissya. Vol. 59. Nizhyn: NDPU [in Ukrainian].
9. Muromtseva, O. G. (1992) Mova prozovykh tvoriv P. O. Kulisha [The language of prose works of P. Kulish] Linhvistychni doslidzhennia: Zb. nauk. prats. Kharkiv: KPPI. Vol. 2, 18–24 [in Ukrainian].
10. Nakhlik, E. (1994) Panteleimon Kulish: osobystist, pysmennyk, myslytel. Kulish P. Tvory: u 2 t. [Panteleimon Kulish: personality, writer, thinker. Kulish P. Works in 2 parts]. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka [in Ukrainian].
11. Panteleimon Kulish i ukrainske natsionalne vidrodzhennia: Dopovidi ta povidomlennia nauk. konf., prysviach. 175-m rokovynam vid dnia narodzhennia pysmennyka (1995) [Panteleimon Kulish and the Ukrainian
National Revival: Reports of Sciences. conf., ded. 175th anniversary of the writer]. Kharkiv: Kharkiv State. Univ. [in Ukrainian].
12. Panteleimon Kulish: materialy mizhvuzivskoi naukovoi konferentsii Sumshchyny, prysviachenoi 175-richchiu z dnia narodzhennia P. O. Kulisha (1994) [Panteleimon Kulish: Proceedings of the Sumy Region Inter-University Scientific Conference on the 175th Birth Anniversary of PA Kulish]. Sumy. [in Ukrainian].
13. Rusanivskyi, V. (2001) Istoriia ukrainskoi literaturnoi movy: Pidruchnyk [History of Ukrainian Literary Language: Textbook]. Kyiv: ArtEk. [in Ukrainian].
14. Tvorchi ta ideini shukannia P.O.Kulisha v konteksti sohodennia: Zb. nauk. prats do 180-richchia vid dnia narodzhennia Panteleimona Kulisha (2000)[P. Kulish's creative and ideological pursuits in the context of the present: Coll. of Sciences. works on the 180th anniversary of Panteleimon Kulish's birthday]. Kyiv: MP Lesia. 220 p. [in Ukrainian].
15. Ustenko, L. (2017) Frazeolohichna pidsystema idiostyliu Panteleimona Kulisha v konteksti formuvannia novoi ukrainskoi literaturnoi movy [Phraseological subsystem of Panteleimon Kulish idiostyle in the context of the formation of a new Ukrainian literary language] / avtoref. dys…kand. filol. nauk: 10.02.01. / Instytut ukrainskoi movy NAN Ukrainy. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 20
Copyright (c) 2019 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.