The manor of the Bilozersky-Kulishs Khutor (a separate farm) of Motronivka as a breeding ground of Culture of the Polissya territory
In the article for the first time on the basis of numerous facts one of the most interesting and scientifically important problems of history of literature – the existence in the Polissya of the XIX – beginning of the XXth century of different seats of culture – is revealed. The author makes an attempt to define their many-sidedness and peculiarities, and he also points to the fact of existing breeding grounds of creative intelligentsia: actors,artists, composers,writers.
It is to the writers that the author of the article refers the Khutor of Motronivka. In historical succession the author reveals the main three stages of functioning of the country-seat of Motronivka as a breeding ground of culture. The first stage is the period when this country-seat belonged to the family of the Bilozerskys and the process of forming of its members as future representatives of the Ukrainian national and cultural, as well as the civic process of the second half of the XIX-th century, but the author makes an emphasis on the fact that the process of education was not restricted by this family cycle, because some outstanding cultural workers of Ukraine, such as T. Shevchenko, P. Kulish,V. Zabila, M. Bilozersky et al., also took part in it. The second stage of functioning of Motronivka as a breeding ground of culture is connected with the life and creative activity in it of Panteleymon Kulish and Olexandra Bilozirska
(known in literature as the writer Hanna Barvinok) and their connection with numerous representatives of Ukrainian culture. The third stage is connected with the activity of Hanna Barvinok in the Khutor of Motronivka after the death of P. Kulish. She managed to preserve the traditions in the khutor as a nest of culture, which fact is testified by her broad connections with representatives of the cultural intellectuals of that time and by her efforts to remain involved in the literary process not only personally but also for P. Kulish, who always was the whole with Ukraine. She tried to keep his memory by publications of his literary works and by setting up a museum named after Panteleymon Kulish.
2. Cit. za, (1925) Petrov V. Shevchenko, Kulish, V. Bilozerskij – yih pershi strichi. Ukrayina [Quotation. by: Petrov V. Shevchenko, Kulish, V. Belozersky –their first tapes. Ukraine]. Vols.1–2.
3. Spomin, O. M. (2001). Kulish (Ganna Barvinok: IU. Proshalnij "divich-vechir". Ganna Barvinok. Zbirnik do 170-richchya vid dnya narodzhennya. [Kulish (Anna Barvinok: YI. Farewell "bachelorette party". Anna Barvinok. Collection for the 170th anniversary].Kyiv. "Rada". 2001. [In Ukrainian].
4. Lazarevskij, G. O. (2007). Kiyivska starovina. [The Kiev antiquity]. Kyiv: MAUP, [In Ukrainian].
5. Spohady pro Tarasa Shevchenka (1982). [Memories of Taras Shevchenko]. Kyiv, [In Ukrainian].
6. Hanna Barvinok: IV. Proshchalnyi "divych-vechir". Hanna Barvinok. Zbirnyk do 170-richchia vid dnia narodzhennia. (2001)/ Anna Barvinok: IV. Farewell "bachelorette party". Anna Barvinok. Collection for the 170th Birthday. Kyiv. "Rada". [In Ukrainian].
7. There alone. С. 290.
8. Shevchenko, T. H. (1965). Tvory. [Works]. Vols. 1–5. Kyiv: Dnipro. [In Ukrainian].
9. Pysma A. Kulysha. Kyevskaia staryna. (1899). Pysmo k Y. F. Khylchevskomu. [Letters of A. Kulish. Kiev antiquity. Letter to I. F. Khilchevsky]. [in Russian].
10. Shuhurov, N. (1893). Neosushchestvyvsheesia yzdanye malorusskoho alboma. [Unrealized edition of the Little Russian album]. Kyevskaia staryna. [Kiev antiquity]. (Vols. 1–9, 9. № 2).
11. Zelenska, L. (2001). Hanna Barvinok: Zhyttiepys na osnovi epistoliarnoi spadshchyny. [Ganna Barvinok: Zhittypis on the basis of epistolary decline]. Chernigiv. [In Ukrainian].
12. There alone. С. 25.
13. Retsenziia na "Dzvin". (1894). [Review of "Dzvin"]. Zhyttie i slovo. [Zhitty word]. (Vols. 1–2, 2). [In Ukrainian].
14. Zelenska L. Vkaz. vyshche dzherelo.
15. Zoria. Lviv (1890). [Dawn. Lviv]. [In Ukrainian].
16. Barabash, N. O. (2007). Rid Bilozerskykh i kulturnyi svit Ukrainy ХІХ – poch. ХХ st. [Rіd Bіlozersky i cultural svіt of Ukraine ХІХ – post. XX century]. Kyiv: Vydav. dim "Stylos". [In Ukrainian].
17. Sikyrynskyi, O. (2001). Hanna Barvinok. Sproba kharakterystyky. [Ganna Barvinok. Test characteristics]. Hanna Barvinok. Zbirnyk do 170-richchia vid dnia
narodzhennia. [Ganna Barvіnok. Zbіrnik until the 170th day of the day of birth]. Kyiv. "Rada".
18. Vasyl Shenderovskyi (Еd.) (2001). Hanna Barvinok. Zbirnyk do 170-richchia vid dnia narodzhennia. [Ganna Barvinok. Zbіrnik until the 170th day of the day of birth]. Kyiv. "Rada". [In Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 13
Copyright (c) 2019 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.