Main aspects of Ukrainian linguocultural studies
The article outlines the contribution of Ukrainian scholars to the development of linguocultural studies as a discipline. It provides a summary of Ukrainian linguists’ experience gained in the process of acquiring linguocultural knowledge. The author singles out the main aspects of linguocultural studies, including the ethnolinguistic, the stylistic, the sociolinguistic, the cognitive, the synergetic and other approaches. The most prominent works by Ukrainian scholars are classified according to their approach; the novelty and mechanisms of research are described and their role in sociocultural change is pointed out. The author describes the contribution of Ukrainian scholars to developing the linguocultural terminology and research methods as well as explanation of new linguocultural phenomena. The article indicates ways of solving the problems that arise in the analyzed discipline. The multidimensional character of linguocultural studies is identified and explained by the history of the field and its gradual development within other areas of linguistics; its systemic relationship to linguistic paradigms; and, finally, its integrative specificity and connections with a number of neighboring disciplines. The author outlines the
prospects of further scientific inquiry in linguocultural studies aimed at the development of a terminological system and specific research methods.
2. Betsenko T. (2017). Analiz khudozhnogo tekstu: lingvokulturolohichnyi pidhid [Analysis of a fiction text: linguocultural approach]. Zapysky z ukrainskoho
movoznavstva, 24(1). Odesa: Astroprynt. Pp. 247–253. [In Ukrainian].
3. Bondarenko A. (2017). Obrazna semantyka temporalnosti ukrainskyh poetychnykh tekstiv XX stolittia: monohrafiia [Image semantics of temporality in Ukrainian poetic texts of the 20 th century: a monograph]. Nizhyn: Publisher M. M. Lysenko. [In Ukrainian].
4. Bondarenko A. (2013). Temporalnist u poetychnii movi XX stolittia: monohrafiia [Temporality in the poetic language of the XX century: a monograph]. Nizhyn: Publisher M. M. Lysenko [In Ukrainian]
5. Vorkachov S. (2011). Rossiiskaia lingvokulturnaia kontseptologiia: sovremennoe sostoiaenie, vector razvitiia [Russian linguocultural conceptology: current state, vector of development]. Izvestiia RAN. Seriia literatury iyazyka, Vol. 70, 5. Pp. 64–74. [In Russian].
6. Kravets L. (2016). Lingvokulturolohiia [Linguocultural studies]. Entsyklopediia suchasnoi Ukrainy. Vol. 17. P. 389. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo entsyklopedychnykh doslidzhen NAN Ukrainy [In Ukrainian].
7. Matsko L. (2009). Lingvokulturolohichnyi analiz. Ukrainska mova v osvitnomu prostori: monohrafiia. [Linguocultural analysis. Ukrainian language in education: a monograph]. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo NPU [In Ukrainian].
8. Stavytska L. (2005). Ukrainska mova bez prykras [Ukrainian language as it is]. Ukrainskyi zharhon: slovnyk. Kyiv: Krytyka. Pp. 9–19. [In Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 18
Copyright (c) 2019 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.