Representation of the emotional state of the artistic character by means of emotionally-valued semantic in Alexander Dovzhenko’s idiolect
The article describes the features of the lexical indication of artistic characters’ emotional states in Oleksandr Dovzhenko’s idiolect. The units of emotional communication are analyzed. Different linguistic approaches to the definition of "emotion" are considered. A brief review of the works of outstanding foreign and Ukrainian linguists who researched emotional-evaluative lexical units (K. Izard, V. Chabanenko, V. Shakhovskyi, I. Arnold, L. Kamulina) has been presented. An attempt to differentiate the linguistic concepts "emotion-nominative", "emotional-konotativ" and "emotional-affective" was made. The specificity of verbalization of key emotional concepts is explored. According to research of American psychologist K. Izard, we highlight ten fundamental emotions in a person's emotional system: joy, wonder, grief, sorrow, anger, indignation, fear, horror, despair, shame. It was established that the number of negative emotions in the idiolect of Alexander Dovzhenko, expressed by various emotional means, far exceeds the number of positive emotions. Dominant emotional concepts in artistic contexts are "fear", "anxiety", "anger", "sorrow".
2. Izard, K. (1999) Psykholohyia emotsyi [Psychology of emotions] / Translation from Eng. Saint Petersburg. [in Russian].
3. Kalimullina, L. (2006) Semantycheskoe pole emotyvnosty v russkom yazyke: diakhronicheskyi aspekt [The semantic field of emotion in the Russian language: a diachronic aspect] (s pryvlechenyem materyala slavianskykh yazykov) : monograph. Ufa : RYO Bash HU. 344 p. [in Russian].
4. Psykholohichnyi slovnyk [Psychological dictionary] / Voitko V. K. (1982) : High school. 216 p. [in Ukrainian].
5. Tymofeev, K. (1955) Retsenzyia na knyhu: Sovremennyi russkyi yazyk: Leksyka: (Kurs lektsyi) [Book Review: Modern Russian lunguage. Lectures Course. Vocabulary]. Voprosy yazykoznanyia. M. № 2. P. 23–26. [in Russian].
6. Fylymonova, O. (2007) Emotsyolohyia teksta. Analyz reprezentatsyi emotsyi v nauchnom tekste: [The emotionality of the text. Analysis of representations of emotions in a scientific text]. Presto. [in Russian].
7. Chabanenko, V. (1982) Osnovy movnoi ekspresii [Basics of language expression]. Kiyv: High school. 167 p. [in Ukrainian].
8. Shakhovskyi, V. (2008) Katehoryzatsyia emotsyi v leksyko-semantycheskoi systeme yazyka [Categorization of emotions in the lexical andsemantic system of
language]. M: Yzd-vo LKY. [in Russian].
Abstract views: 16
Copyright (c) 2019 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.