To the problem of the relationship Zemsky liberal frontier and the conservative nobility of northern Ukraine(60–80 th ХІХ с.)
The publication deals with the problems of the relationship between the zemstvo liberal fronts and the conservative citizenship of northern Ukraine(60–80 th ХІХ с.). The essence of the political conflict is shown and the main plots of this confrontation between the two groups of the aristocratic corporation of the region are illustrated. The author concludes the political antagonism between reactionary and conservative and liberal-democratic nobility in the north of the Left Bank of Ukraine was inevitable and a natural eccentricity of the social life of the region, which fundamentally changed after the fateful transformations of the era of the Great Reforms(1856–1874) in the Russian Empire. The modern day in the history of the country finally separated the two currents of the aristocratic corporation of the state, which formed a stable ground for the emergence of systemic conflicts and confrontation. In the conditions of the provincial realities of northern Ukraine, concrete manifestations of these metamorphoses took place around competence, responsibility, accountability, and interests of social groups; complex of legal and organizational issues of functioning of the institutions of corporate self-government of the nobility of the region; numerous problems of corruption in the area of delimitation of the land fund of the Northern Left Bank; politically motivated and prejudiced acts of supreme authority regarding the non-recognition of the electoral rights of liberal peasants, their deliberate discredit; neglect of the nobility’s interest in the Ukrainian Polissya. On the whole, it must be admitted that the systematic, principled opposition between the two parts of the nobility of Sivershchyna quickly crystallized the formation and creation of the respective parties in the political landscape – a governmental, conservative, fully defending the course of Russian autocracy, and a liberal, representing the philosophy of the democratic circles of the community in the region.
2. Shahovskoj, D. I. (1914) Politicheskie techenija v russkom zemstve [Political trends in the Russian zemstvо]. (Eds.) B. Veselovskogo i Z. Frenkelja. Jubilejnyj zemskij sbornik (1864–1914) [Jubilee Zemsky collection (1864–1914)] St. Petersburg [in Russian].
3. Veselovskij, B. B. (1906; 1911) K voprosu o klassovyh interesah v zemstve [On the issue of class interests in zemstvos]; Istorija zemstva za sorok let [History
zemstvos forty years] St. Petersburg [in Russian].
4. Korelin, A. P. (1979) Dvorjanstvo v poreformennoj Rossii (1861–1904): sostav, chislennost’, korporativnaja organizacija[Nobility in post-reform Russia (1861–1904): composition, number, corporate organization] Moscow [in Russian].
5. (1870) Zhurnaly zasedanij Chernigovskogo gubernskogo zemskogo sobranija ocherednoj sessii 1869 goda [Meeting logs of the Chernihiv provincial district meeting of the regular session of 1869]. Zemskij sbornik Chernigovskoj gubernii…№1. - Zemsky collection of Chernihiv province. -№1. Chernihiv[Rus]
6. Tam samo. - Ibid.
7. (1878) Postanovlenija Chernigovskogo gubernskogo sobranija dvorjanstva za 1878 god[Resolutions of the Chernigov Provincial Assembly of the Nobility for 1878] Chernihiv[Rus]
8. (1878) Prilozhenija k zhurnalam zasedanij Chernigovskogo gubernskogo sobranija dvorjanstva [Appendices to the journals of the meetings of the Chernihiv
provincial assembly of nobility]. Postanovlenija Chernigovskogo gubernskogo sobranija dvorjanstva za 1878 god. Chernihiv [in Russian].
9. Hizhnjakov V. M. (1916) Obzor razvitija dejatel’nosti Chernigovskogo uezdnogo zemstva za 50 let [Overview of the development of Chernihiv district zemstvos over 50 years] Moscow [in Russian].
10. Tam samo. Ibid.
11. (1885) Postanovlenija Chernigovskogo gubernskogo sobranija dvorjanstva 1884 goda [Resolutions of the Chernigov provincial assembly of the nobility of 1884] Chernihiv [in Russian]]
Abstract views: 13
Copyright (c) 2020 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.