Admired by Kobzar`s word
In the article the scientific achievement of the second half of the twentieth century known Ukrainian literary critic, Shevchenkivec, candidate of philological sciences, associate professor G. Ya. Nedilko is researched and analyzed. The significance of his scientific works for the present on bibliographic and archival materials is rethought, their relevance and originality is determined. The article discloses little-known facts from the biography of a scientist. Georgy Yakovych Nedilko was working in Nizhyn Gogol State Pedagogical Institute since 1958 till 1993 as a senior lecturer, associate professor, head of the department of Ukrainian literature, dean of the Faculty of Philology. During his years at the institute, he proved himself as a skillful organizer and leader of the teaching and students` collectives, a conscientious scientist, a profound researcher and literary scholar of Ukrainian literature, in particular the creativity of Taras Shevchenko. He is the author of a number of monographs and teaching training manuals dedicated to the creativity of the great Kobzar, as well as more than 70 scientific articles in leading professional editions of Ukraine. Kyiv Shevchenko State University graduate, he was one of the authors of the collective monograph "Taras Shevchenko and the literary life of Kyiv University" in which he explored Kobzar’s relations with the professors of that educational institution. This section stands out by objectivity and deep knowledge of archival documents. Much attention is paid to the analysis of the most famous works of the Ukrainian researcher "Taras Shevchenko. Seminary" (1985) and "Taras Shevchenko. Life and Creativity" (1988). These books were published in leading metropolitan publishers with total more than 14 thousand readers` copies and were successful among the readers. Georgy Yakovych Nedilko is a well-known local historian. His research "Taras Shevchenko and Chernihivschyna" (1992) has not lost its relevance to this day. He is one of the founders of the Nizhyn Museum of Local History.
Publishing House [in Ukraine].
2. Nedilko, G. Ya., Nedilko, V. Ya. (1985). Taras Shevchenko. Seminarii Taras Shevchenko. Seminary. Kyiv: Higher School [in Ukraine].
3. Samoilenko, O. S. (2010). Virshi z Nizhyna. Poezii [Poems from Nizhyn. Poetry] Foreword and ordering by V. Sapon. Chernihiv: Publisher Lozovy V. M. [in Ukraine].
4. Nedilko, G. Ya. (1988). Taras Shevchenko: zhyttia i tvorchist [Taras Shevchenko: Living and creativity]. Kyiv: Rad. sch. [in Ukraine].
5. Nedilko G. Ya. (1992). Taras Shevchenko i Chernihivshchyna [Taras Shevchenko and Chernihiv region] Chernihiv: OIPCU, 1992. 69 p. [in Ukraine].
6. Kovalchuk, O. G. (2019). Shevchenka (kolektyvna travma yak problema ukrainskoho buttia) [Shevchenko’s poetry (collective trauma as a problem of
Ukrainian life)] Nizhin [in Ukraine].
Abstract views: 35
Copyright (c) 2020 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.