Kulish as the founder of Uкraine modern prose (to the 200th anniversary of P. Kulish’s birthday)
The article is dedicated to the 200th anniversary of P. Kulish’s birth and contains an analysis of his major achievements as a writer, critic, literary critic, historian and translator. The article deals with the peculiarities of historical process interpretation by P. Kulish in the comparative-typological aspect, taking into consideration the common ethnic origin of the
writers. P. Kulish laid the foundations of Ukrainian literary criticism and is also one of the first biographers of Mykola Gogol. His masterpiece has not yet been published in its entirety and this is a major drawback of Ukrainian literary science. The focus is on his active work as a popularizer of the Ukrainian word, in particular as the author of "Grammar", which is based on "Kulishivka", the Ukrainian spelling.
2. Lepkyi B. S. (1923) Peredmova. Kulish P. Tvory. Poezii. Foreword. Kulish P. Works. Poetry]. Vol. 2; 1 Berlin [in Ukrainian].
3. Franko, I. (1986) Zibrannia tvoriv [Collection of works]. Vols. 1–50; Vol. 26. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
4. Zatsikavlenoho chytacha vidsylaiemo do roboty Viktora Petrova (Domontovycha) "Romany Kulisha". Kyiv, 1930. [in Ukrainian].
5. Mykhed, P. (1999) Slov’ianske vidrodzhennia i formuvannia novoi paradyhmy ukrainskoi kultury [Slavic revival and the formation of a new paradigm of Ukrainian culture] Suchasnist – Modernity. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
6. Kulish, P. (1980) Tvory. [Works Panteleimon Kulіsh]. Vols. 6; Vol. 2. Lviv [in Ukrainian].
7. Kulish, P. (1984) Vybrani lysty [Selected letters]. New York; Toronto. [in Ukrainian].
8. Belynskyi, V. (1956) Polnoe sobranie sochbnenij [Complete collections] Vols. 13; Vol.12]. Moskow. [in Russian].
9. Kulysh, P. (1846) Povest ob ukraynskom narode [A story about the Ukrainian people]. St. Petersburg. [in Russian].
10. Tam zhe. S. 86.
11. Tam zhe. S. 87.
12. Kovalchuk, O. (1999) Istoriosofski poshuky P. Kulisha: Osoblyvosti modeliuvannia istorii [Historical and philosophical searches of P. Kulish: Peculiarities of history modeling]. Kyivska starovyna – Kyiv Antiquity. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
13. Tam zhe. S. 116.
14. Kulysh P. (1874) Ystoryia vossoedyenyia Rusy: V 3 t. [History of the reunification of Russia: In 3 vols.]. St. Petersburg [in Russian].
Abstract views: 23
Copyright (c) 2019 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.