The nobility of representatives in the clergy corporation of Nizhyn district of Chernigov province at the beginning of the 19th century
The article deals with the situation of the representatives of the nobility in the corporate organization of the clergy of Nizhyn district of Chernihiv province. On the basis of archival materials that have not yet been studied by scholars, the author investigates the property, family status of the priestly nobles. The dynamics of the size of this social group, its corporate interests are analyzed. The nobles who carried on the spiritual service thus retained the basic classes of privilege of the noble state, had the right to own serfs. In the main social and household and marital categories, they were little different from the nobility, but their income was much lower. Representatives of this group tried in every possible way to separate themselves from priests of non-noble origin, locking themselves in a separate class-professional group. The researcher came to the conclusion that the existence of priestly nobles in the lands of Left Bank Ukraine was not an exception, but was quite common, which distinguished it from the Russian provinces.
2. Modzalevskiy, V. L. (1908–1914) Malorossiyskiy rodoslovnik. Kyіv, T. 1–4. [in Russia].
3. Minarik, L. P. (1966) Ob urovne razvitiya kapitalisticheskogo zemledeliya v krupnykh pomeshchichikh khozyaystvakh Yevropeyskoy Rossii kontsa XIX – nachala XX vekov. [On the level of development of capitalist agriculture in large landowners in European Russia at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th centuries]. Yezhegodnik po agrarnoy istorii Vostochnoy Yevropy. Kishinev, 616–624. [in Russia].
4. Anfimov, A. M. (1969) Krupnoye pomeshchichye khozyaystvo Yevropeyskoy Rossii (konets XIX – nachalo XX v.). [Anfimov A. M. A large landowner economy in European Russia (late XIX – early XX centuries]. Moskov, [in Russia].
5. Kabuzan, V. M., Troitskiy, S. M. (1971) Izmeneniye v chislennosti, udel’nom vese i razmeshchenii dvoryanstva v Rossii v 1782–1858 gg. [Change in the number, specific gravity and distribution of the nobility in Russia in 1782–1858]. Istoriya SSSR – History of the USSR (4); 153–169. [in Russia].
6. Hurzhiy I. O. Rusanov Yu. A. (2017) Dvoryanstvo Livoberezhnoyi Ukrayiny kintsya XVIII – pochatku XX st. : sotsialno-pravovyy status i mistse u vladnykh
strukturakh Rosiyskoyi imperiyi. [Gurzhiy I. O. Rusanov Yu. A. The nobility of the Left Bank of Ukraine at the end of XVIII - beginning of XX centuries: socio-legal
status and place in the power structures of the Russian Empir]. Kyіv: Instytut istoriyi Ukrayiny NAN Ukrayiny, 172 [in Ukraina].
7. Hal B. O. (2013) Nizhynski politseyski sluzhbovtsi kintsya XVIII – pershoyi polovyny XIX st. [Gal B. O. Nizhyn police officers of the end of XVIII – first half of XIX century] Nizhynska starovyna. (15), 29–46 [in Ukraina].
8. Hal B. O. Komplektatsiya kadriv horodnychykh Malorosiyskoyi huberniyi [Gal B. O. Completing the frames of the gardens of the Little Russian province]. Sivershchyna v istoriyi Ukrayiny. (5), 308–316 [in Ukraina].
9. Dudchenko H. M. (2010) Nizhynske dvoryanstvo naprykintsi XVIII st. (materialy do henealohiyi). [Dudchenko G. M. Nizhyn nobility at the end of XVIII century. (materials on genealogy)]. Nizhynska starovyna: zbirnyk rehionalnoyi istoriyi ta pamyatkoznavstva. K. : Tsentr pam’yatkoznavstva HAH Ukrayiny, Vol. 9 (12). 133–163 [in Ukraina].
10. Leyberov O. O. (2018) Dvoryanstvo Nizhynskoho povitu Chernihivskoyi huberniyi na pochatku XIX stolittya: sproba kolektyvnoho sotsialnoho portreta. [Leiberov OO The nobility of the Nizhyn district of the Chernihiv province at the beginning of the 19 th century: an attempt at a collective social portrait. ].
11. Myronov B. N. (2003) Sotsyalnaya istoryya Rossyy peryoda imperyy (XVIII – nachalo XX v.): Henezys lychnosty, demokratycheskoy semʹy, hrazhdanskoho obshchestva y pravovoho hosudarstva. [MironovВ. N Social History of Russia in the Period of the Empire (XVIII – beginning of XX century):Genesis of personality, democratic family, civil society and the rule of law]. SPb. : Dmytryy Bulanyn, 2003. T. 1. 583 [in Russia].
12. Matison A. V. (2001) Vozvedeniye pravoslavnykh svyashchenosluzhiteley v dvoryanskoye dostoinstvo v XVIII – v nachale ХХ v. [Matison A. V. The erection of
Orthodox clergy in noble dignity in the XVIII – at the beginning of the twentieth century] Genealogicheskiy vestnik. SPb., № 5. 40–46. [in Russia].
14. Lushin A. N (2013). Priobreteniye dvoryanstva litsami dukhovnogo zvaniya v Rossiyskoy imperii v XVIII - v nachale ХХ veka: istoriko-pravovoy aspekt. [Lushin A. N. The acquisition of the nobility by individuals with a clergy in the Russian Empire in the 18th – early 20th centuries: historical and legal aspect]. Vestnik Nizhegorodskoy akademii MVD Rossii. Nizhniy Novgorod, (21). 37–39. [in Russia].
15. Department of the State Archives of Chernihiv Oblast in Nizhyn (hereinafter VDAChON) F. 343, Op. 1, Spr. 68, Vol. 143–169.
16. On the non-purchase of merchants and other raznoshchintsy, consisting of a per capita salary, of people and peasants: Decree of the Senate of 14.03.1746.
Complete collection of laws of the Russian Empire. The first meeting. (PSZ-I). T. XII. No. 9267. p. 523–528.
17. Feofanov A. M. (2015) Vykhodtsy yz dukhovnoho soslovyya v elyte Rossyyskoy imperyy (XVIII – pervaya chetverty XIX v.). [Feofanov A. M. Natives of the clergy in the elite of the Russian Empire (XVIII - first quarter of the XIX century)]. Vestnyk PSTHU: Ystoryya. Ystoryya Russkoy Pravoslavnoy Tserkvy. M. Vyp. 1 (62). 54 [in Russia].
18. VADCHON, f. 343, op. 1, . Spr. 905.
19. Pisarkova L. F. (2004) Chinovnik na sluzhbe v kontse XVII – seredine XIX veka. [Official in the service at the end of the XVII - the middle of the XIX century] Otechestvennyye zapiski. Moskov, (2, 17). [in Russia].
20. VADCHON, f. 343, op. 1, Spr. 285.
Abstract views: 20
Copyright (c) 2020 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.