The policy of the Soviet communist regime regarding the church and religious life in Ukraine (1930–1940-е гг.)
The article is devoted to the state and importance of religion and church in the Soviet society, in particular in the Ukrainian SSR, at the stage of strengthening of the authoritarian tendencies and their transformation into totalitarianism during the period of 1930 – early 1940s. Considerable attention is paid to the main directions of the state religion and church policy, the social component of the activity of religious and church organizations is revealed; the main tasks and directions of realization of ideology of the Soviet communist regime are considered, anti-religious policy aimed at the destruction of spiritual and moral principles and traditions of peoples in
particular. It was proved that the anti-religious doctrine developed by V. Lenin was directed against Christianity, and especially against the Orthodox Church. One of the main reasons for this was that the Orthodox Church condemned the politics of violence and terror in public relations, as well as other manifestations of evil against people, government and the state. The methods and means of terror used by the Soviet communist authorities against church denominations, in particular, the general ideological pressure on believers and representatives of all denominations, anti-religious propaganda, the prohibition of the printing of religious editions, the closure and destruction of churches and monasteries, the nationalization of all church lands, the cessation and physical destruction of clergymen and their family members. It was shown that the anti-religious campaign in Ukraine in the 1930’s was closely linked with the destruction of the Ukrainian village and dispossession. The Soviet government considered the closure of churches, the persecution of the clergy and faithful men as an integral part of the implementation of socialism in the village. The antichristian essence of the Bolshevik ideology gave its followers a propensity for primitive instincts, which led to massive cases of violence, sadism and abuse over the human person. The moral and ethical values, traditions, spirituality were spoiled. Instead, the idolatry was introduced to the new leaders. But despite the fact that the anti-religious
campaigns of the Bolshevik authorities were massive and cruel, they did not bring the results that were expected by representatives of the Soviet government. The opposition to the antireligious policy of Soviet power became one of the types of general resistance to the Stalinist totalitarian regime
2. Danylenko V. M. Stalinizm na Ukraini: 20-30-ti roky Danylenko V. M., Kasianov H. V., Kulchytskyi S. V. – K.: Lybid, 1991. – 344 s.
3. Zinchenko A. Vyzvolytys viroiu: Zhyttia i diiannia mytropolyta Vasylia Lypkivskoho. – K.: Dnipro, 1997. 424 s.
4. Zubchenko S.P Antynarodnyi kharakter natsionalnoi polityky stalinskoho rezhymu u pershyi period druhoi svitovoi viiny (1 veresnia 1939 – 22 chervnia 1941 rr.) /
S. Zubchenko //Literatura ta kultura Polissia. - Vyp. 69: Istoryko - sotsialni ta kulturni protsesy Ukrainy i Polissia v suchasnykh doslidzhenniakh / Vidp. red. i uporiadnyk H.V.Samoilenko. – Nizhyn: Vydavnytstvo NDU im..M.Hoholia, 2012.- S.220-229.
5. Kulturne budivnytstvo v Ukrainskii RSR. Vazhlyvi rishennia Komunistychnoi partii i Radianskoho uriadu. 1917–1959 rr.: Zbirnyk dokumentiv v 2-kh t. T. 1 (1917 - cherven 1941) / uporiad. Z. I. Zobinna, H. O. Kravchenko, Yu. B. Medvediev ta in. - K.: Derzhpolitvydav URSR, 1959. - S. 120, 368.
6. Lenin V. I. Pro stavlennia robitnychoi partii do relihii / V. I. Lenin // Povne zibrannia tvoriv: [per. z 5-ho ros. vyd.]. – T. 17 (berezen 1908 r. – cherven 1909 r.). – K.: Politvydav Ukrainy, 1971. S. 389-399.
7. Lypkivskyi V. mytropolyt. Vidrodzhennia tserkvy v Ukraini 1917-1930. – Toronto: Vyd-vo "Dobra Knyzhka", 1959. – 335 s.
8. Nestulia O. Dolia tserkovnoi starovyny v Ukraini. 1917–1941 rr. – Ch. II. Kinets 20-kh – 1941 rr. – K.: Vyd. Instytutu istorii Ukrainy NAN Ukrainy, 1996. - 33 s.
9. Novorodovskyi V. "Dekret pro vidokremlennia tserkvy vid derzhavy i shkoly vid tserkvy" yak dokumentalna osnova antyrelihiinoi kampanii bilshovykiv
10. O relyhyy y tserkvy. Sbornyk vыskazыvanyi klassykov marksyzma-lenynyzma, dokumentov KPSS y Sovetskoho hosudarstva. – M.: Polytyzdat, 1977. – 176 s.
11. Politychnyi teror i teroryzm v Ukraini KhIKh-KhKh st. Istorychni narysy / D. V. Arkhiiereiskyi, O. H. Bazhan, T. V. Bykova ta in. Vidpovid. red. V. A. Smolii. – K.: Naukova dumka, 2002. – 952 s.
12. Prystaino V., Shapoval Yu. Sprava "Spilky vyzvolennia Ukrainy": nevidomi dokumenty i fakty. Naukovo-dokumentalne vydannia. – K: Intel, 1995. - 448 s
13. Rublova N. Nevidoma dilianka "antyrelihiinoho frontu": borotba vladnykh struktur USRR proty rymsko-katolytskoi tserkvy, 1920-i roky. // Z arkhiviv VUChK-HPU-NKVD-KHB. – Vyp. 1-2. – K., 1998. – S. 228-244.
Abstract views: 21
Copyright (c) 2018 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.