Christian confessions in T. Shevchenko’s poetry
In his poetry among other confessions Taras Shevchenko criticizes Roman Catholicism the most, but this criticism is in historical context. During his life his attitude toward
representatives of this confession was positive. Orthodoxy is represented in his works most of all. The poet shows deep knowledge of Orthodox traditions and respect for the religion of his Ukrainian characters that are surely Orthodox. But when he expresses his own attitude toward this confession, it is very ambiguous. In some texts the poet shows himself as an Orthodox, in others he criticizes this confession harshly and is very ironic about it. The only Christian religion that was not criticized by him was Protestantism, though he did not write a lot about it. The best epithets while speaking about Christians such as "holy", "truthful", "righteous", he addresses to one of the most famous representatives of Reformation Yan Huss. M. Drahomanov that was a contemporary and friend of the poet also considered his views much like Protestant. But full conversion of the poet to Protestantism did not take place. It could not happen that time in the circumstances of religious despotism in the Russian Empire. Taras Shevchenko had grown up in Greek-Catholic environment, all his life he passionately loved Orthodox Ukraine and at the same time he expressed protestant views. This allows to call him a person of three religions. the poet was against not only social but also religious despotism even if it was the religion of his people.
2. Borodinova M. Poeziia T. Shevchenka u rakursi retseptsii obraziv ta motyviv Staroho Zavitu // Shevchenkoznavchi studii. Zb. nauk. pr. K.: VPTs "Kyivskyi universytet", 2008. Vyp. 10. S. 8-13.
3. Hryshchenko I. Obraz poliaka v poezii Tarasa Shevchenka ta v ukrainskii narodnii prozi // Shevchenkoznavchi studii. Zb. nauk. pr. K.: VPTs "Kyivskyi universytet", 2011. – Vyp. 14. – S. 154-160.
4. Hrushevskyi M. Z istorii relihiinoi dumky na Ukraini. – Vinnipeh, Miunkhen, Detroit, 1962. – 160 s.
5. Huliak A. Vidzerkalennia relihiinoho svitohliadu Tarasa Shevchenka v khudozhnii systemi "Kobzaria" // Shevchenkoznavchi studii. Zb. nauk. pr. K.: VPTs "Kyivskyi universytet", 2015. Vyp. 18. S. 31-41.
6. Husar V. Sakralne ta bozhestvenne u tvorchosti T. H. Shevchenka // Ukrainska akademiia mystetstva. Zb. nauk. pr. K.: NAOMA, 2014. Vyp. 22. S. 43–53.
7. Zakhara I.S. T.H. Shevchenko i khrystyianski konfesii v Ukraini // Naukovi zapysky Natsionalnoho universytetu "Ostrozka akademiia". – Seriia "Istorychne relihiieznavstvo", 2014. Vyp. 9. S. 59–66.
8. Isichenko I. Tserkva v poetychnomu sviti Tarasa Shevchenka: mizhsacrum I profanum // Shevchenkoznavchi studii. Zb. nauk. pr. K.: VPTs "Kyivskyi universytet", 2017. Vyp. 20. S. 152–160.
9. Komenskyi Yan Amos. Vybrani pedahohichni tvory. T. 1. Velyka dydaktyka / Ya. A. Komenskyi. Avtor vstup. statti A.A. Krasnovskyi. Pid red. A. A. Krasnovskoho. K. : Radianska shkola, 1940. – 245 s.
10. Konyskyi O.Ia. Taras Shevchenko-Hrushivskyi: Khronika yoho zhyttia. K.: Dnipro, 1991. 702 s.
11. Kostianko O. P., Lendel Ye. V. Relihiini motyvy v tvorchosti T. Shevchenka Psykholoho-pedahohichni osnovy humanizatsii navchalno-vykhovnoho protsesu v shkoli ta VNZ. Zb. nauk. pr. – Rivne: Mizhnar. ekon.-hum. un-t im. akad. S. Demianchuka, 2014. Vyp. 1. S. 14–18.
12. Radyshevskyi R. Polska retseptsiia T. Shevchenka u pratsiakh V. natiuka // Shevchenkoznavchi studii. Zb. nauk. pr. K.: VPTs "Kyivskyi universytet", 2009. Vyp. 12. S. 290–296.
13. Slipushko O. Ideia Boha u tvorchii svidomosti Tarasa Shevchenka // Shevchenkoznavchi studii. Zb. nauk. pr. K.: VPTs "Kyivskyi universytet", 2015. Vyp. 18. S. 21–30.
14. Stepovyk D. Nasliduiuchy Khrysta: Viruiuchyi u Boha Taras Shevchenko. K.: Vydavnytstvo imeni Oleny Telihy, 2013. 480 s.
15. Shevchenko T. Kobzar. K.: Radianska shkola, 1987. 608 s.
16. Shcherbiak Yu. Relihiinyi svitohliad Tarasa Shevchenka: sotsiokulturnyi vymir // Psykholohiia i suspilstvo. 2014, № 1. S. 39–43.
17. Iakovyna O. Tradytsiia u tvorchosti Tarasa Shevchenka // Shevchenkoznavchi studii. Zb. nauk. pr. K.: VPTs "Kyivskyi universytet", 2013. Vyp. 16. S. 121–139.
Abstract views: 57
Copyright (c) 2018 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.