The emergence of the process of cooperation at the Ukraine – NATO level, its main directions and perspective areas of development of partnership relations
In this article, historical and theoretical aspects of the main spheres and areas of cooperation between Ukraine and the Nort Atlantic Alliance are explored. The current programs, initiated by NATO within the framework of the "Partnership for peace" agreement, are considered. An assessment was made of NATO’s influence on the reform process in Ukraine. The emphasis is placed on the priority of combating corruption at all levels of the power vertical, trough the creation of a clear, sectoral and fully autonomous anti-corruption system against official misuse. A special historic role is assigned to an independent Anticorruption Court, as a separate judicial branch, responsible for the punishment of bribe-takers.The position of the Alliance on the participation of civil society in decision-making within the framework of the "civil dimension" of NATO has been determined. The possible options for further deepening and improving the level of cooperation of the Ukrainian state with NATO and the course for accession are considered. Separately, the stages of the origin of the transatlantic cooperation of Ukraine with the separate structures of the North Atlantic Alliance after the collapse of the Soviet Union and proclamation of its full independence have been analyzed. The attention is drawn to the specific situation of Ukraine as a buffer territory between the two opposite systems of its essence and ideology. Such an arrangement of the state obliges the ruling elite to make the most important decisions on issues of state building and the movement towards European cooperation, balancing, taking into account all possible negative effects of alternative external influence. An attempt was made to elaborate on the structure and nature of the military interaction of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with similar units of the Allied Alliance by troop descent. Including the perception of the Ukrainian military’s invaluable experience of the NATO military units that they received during their engagement in combat operations and peacekeeping missions in different parts of the planet.
ensure it]. Kyiv: Tyrazh [in Ukrainian].
2. Bohdanovych, V. Yu., Romanchenko, I. S., Svyda, I. Yu. (2011). Teoretychni osnovy zabezpechennia natsionalnoi bezpeky Ukrainy v umovakh pozablokovosti [Theoretical bases for ensuring national security of Ukraine in the non-aligned conditions]. Lviv: ASV [in Ukrainian].
3. Buromenskyi, M. V. (2006). Mizhnarodne pravo [International law]. Kyiv: Yurinkom Inter [in Ukrainian].
4. (2016). Vybrani osnovopolozhni dokumenty NATO ta Ukrainy – NATO [Selected fundamental documents of NATO and Ukraine – NATO]. Kyiv: Insait-plius [in Ukrainian].
5. Vlasiuk, O. S., Bodruk, O. S., Parakhonskyi, B. O. (2015). Ukraina – NATO: Suchasnyi stan vidnosyn ta perspektyvy rozvytku [NATO-Ukraine: Current relations and prospects]. Natsionalnyi instytut problem mizhnarodnoi bezpeky. Kyiv: PID "Foliant" [in Ukrainian].
6. Soskina, O. D. (Eds.). (2013). Vstup do NATO – stratehichnyi vybir Ukrainy [NATO accession is Ukraine's strategic choice]. Kyiv: Instytut
transformatsii suspilstva [in Ukrainian].
7. Dzherdzh, S. (2017). Ukraina – NATO: spivrobitnytstvo zarady bezpeky [NATO-Ukraine: security cooperation]. Tovarystvo "Znannia Ukrainy". Tsentr
"Ukrainoznavstvo". Kyiv: Tovarystvo "Znannia Ukrainy" [in Ukrainian].
8. (2009). Dovidnyk NATO [NATO Handbook]. Kyiv: Molod [in Ukrainian].
9. Kadeniuk, L. (2014). Ukraina i NATO: zoboviazannia ta ryzyky na tli "pozytyviv" i standartiv [NATO and Ukraine: Commitments and Risks Against Positives and Standards]. Kyiv: Biznespolihraf [in Ukrainian].
10. Manchynskyi, O. Ya., Soboliev, A. A. (2016). Voienna bezpeka Ukrainy ta vplyv na nei heopolitychnykh faktoriv [Ukraine's military security and its influence
on geopolitical factors]. Kyiv: NISD [in Ukrainian].
11. (2012). Mistse Ukrainy v NATO [Ukraine's place in NATO]. Kyiv: Tsentr "Demokratychni initsiatyvy" [in Ukrainian].
12. (2016). Okremi aspekty vidnosyn Ukraina – NATO [Some aspects of NATO-Ukraine relations]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
13. Poltoratskyi, O. (2015). Dyplomatychna akademiia Ukrainy pry Ministerstvi zakordonnykh sprav Ukrainy [NATO in modern Euro-Atlantic relations]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
14. Samosonok, L. M. (2010). Ukraina – NATO [NATO – Ukraine]. Donets. nats. un-t ekonomiky i torhivli im. M. Tuhan-Baranovskoho; kaf. mizhnarodnoi ekonomiky. Donetsk: DonNUET, 2010 [in Ukrainian].
15. Semikov, O. V., Furashev, V. M. (2011). Plan dii shchodo chlenstva v NATO [NATO Membership Action Plan]. Nats. tsentr z pytan yevroatlantychnoi intehratsii Ukrainy. Kyiv: Znannia Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
16. (2017). Spivpratsia Ukrainy z NATO [Ukraine's cooperation with NATO]. Zhytomyrskyi derzh. un-t im. Ivana Franka. Zhytomyr: Polissia [in Ukrainian].
17. Stevens, N. (2008). Viiskove spivrobitnytstvo Ukrainy z NATO v 90-kh rokakh XX – na pochatku XXI st. (istoryko-analitychnyi aspekt) [Ukraine's military
cooperation with NATO in the 1990s – early XXI century (historical and analytical aspect)] / Candidate's thesis. Cherkasy [in Ukrainian].
18. (2016). Ukraina – NATO. Osoblyve partnerstvo [NATO – Ukraine. A special partnership]. Kyiv: NATO Pablic Diplomacy Division [in Ukrainian].
19. (2013). Ukraina – NATO. Plan dii shchodo chlenstva v NATO (PDCh) [NATO – Ukraine. NATO Membership Action Plan (MAP)]. Kyiv: Vydavnychyi dim "Pres-KIT" [in Ukrainian].
20. Feduniak, S. H. (2015). Yevropeiski vymiry bezpeky na postradianskomu prostori. Formuvannia intehrovanoi systemy bezpeky Zakhodu i novykh nezalezhnykh derzhav [European security measurements in the post-Soviet space. Formation of an integrated security system of the West and the new independent states]. Chernivtsi: Ruta [in Ukrainian].
21. Cherneha, O. B. (2011). NATO ta systema mizhnarodnoi bezpeky [NATO and the international security system]. Donetskii natsionalnyi un-t ekonomiky i torhivli im. Mykhaila Tuhan-Baranovskoho. Donetsk [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 39
Copyright (c) 2020 Literature and Culture of Polissya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.